In These Days of Lenten Journey

 This entry will be a combination of a few thoughts collected together. 

So I will venture on my journey to Florida today to see Mom and Dad. I’m a bit nervous because there’s a lot of alcohol in the airport and on the plane. My therapist says it’s probably good that I’m scared and nervous. I’ve worked so hard to get where I’ve gotten so I don’t need to throw it away over a quick way to relax and calm nerves when flying.

Speaking of flying, I did at least get some nice seats for the plane ride to Florida, and a day pass to the American Airlines Admiral’s Club so that I can relax and enjoy some snacks before my flight. If anything annoys me about this trip, it’s the $60 Uber to LAX, but, in the grand scheme of things, that’s small stuff. I spent more money before on drinking so really it’s a drop in the bucket now to spend $60 on an Uber considering I won’t be spending it on alcohol.

Ok, so now to the real meat and potatoes of my post…in these days of Lenten journey.

2/14, Valentine’s Day, we begin the season of Lent, and honestly, I find it appropriate that Ash Wednesday and Valentine’s Day coincide this year. Lent is a time where we reflect on God’s great love for us through the passion, death, and resurrection of his Son. How fitting it is that we start our Lenten adventure on a day that celebrates love. One of my favorite pieces for Ash Wednesday, “With These Ashes” notes in its lyrics, “With these ashes, we know your love, O Lord; With these ashes, we turn our hearts to you.” How great is God’s love for us every day. As we journey to the cross, a cross of hope, freedom, and salvation, let us remember God’s kindness and love for us this Lent. Let us turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel, a Gospel where we love one another as God loves us, and love our neighbors as ourselves. Let us turn our swords into plowshares and fix our eyes on the destination, the ultimate day when Christ returns to us in His eternal glory.

God love you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Child of the Poor

Slips/Trips/Falls

Responsibility