Weekend Update
Hey all!
So thankfully got a lot accomplished this week. As many of you know, I'm in the process of transitioning to a role with Norwegian Cruise Line. Friday I was able to complete the medical physical required for the position, along with enrolling to obtain my TWIC or Transportation Worker’s Identification Card. This document is required by TSA to enter the secure areas of all ports regulated by the Department of Homeland Security. So in a nutshell, they need to do a background check to ensure I’m not a terrorist and we’re good. lol.
This honestly has taken a lot of stress off my shoulders which is exactly what I told my therapist on Friday too.
In other news, I’m really not liking my Facebook memories for the last few days, as it was about this time last year that Veronika broke up with me. I’ve gotten over it for the most part the pain sometimes just comes back and stings a little bit. It also took me to some of the darkest places of my life for a period of a few months, so I am glad that I’m past that as much as I can be. I’m thankful that I also have a wonderful therapist out here in California that is helping me process these emotions.
It’s very hard to not think of what might have been or what could be and live in the present; but as the serenity prayer teaches us, we have to accept the things we cannot change. Living in the moment, a minute at a time has really been helping with this. I’m praying hard to be able to get through the upcoming holiday week without sinking into depression and I know that if I keep my head up I can do that.
God love you all.
Comments
Post a Comment